Tuesday 2 April 2013

Glittery Blue!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a nice Easter and more importantly, received and ate loads of chocolate?!

I have a nail polish for you, which I knew I wanted to try it straight away! I used Avon - Vintage Blue (which I used in this nail design!) It's a very light shade of blue, and in my opinion its very suited for spring and even summer and I think I will be wearing a lot more of it :-)

Here is what it looks like on its own:


Two coats without a clear top coat



Now I don't want you all to think I can't really afford nail polish, because I can, but I was wandering around Poundland (as you do) and I came across this lovely coloured glitter nail polish:
 


It's called Chit Chat (have you heard of it?) and there were only a couple left and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it! You might not be able to see this from the photo above, but its a clear based polish with large and small hexagonal pieces in it.

I think what drew me to this polish in the first place, was that the glitter pieces seem to shine dark blue, light blue and turquoise all at the same time! They don't even have to be in the sun for you to see the colours and shininess of the polish!
  As I said above I had an idea on what I wanted to do with this polish, pretty much as soon as I saw it. I thought I would do a very simple design that seems a bit pointless but I think looks very good and nice! 

Anyway, here's how it turned out!

All with a topcoat
 
 
Side view






What do you think? Have you tried any polishes from Poundland or just a glitter polish on top of a normal polish?!

Let us know! Speak to you soon!

Andie x


No comments:

Post a Comment