Sunday 14 April 2013

Rimmel London Swatch!

Hello! We haven't done any proper swatches for you guys in ages!

So I thought I would do one on the only polish that I have from Rimmel London!

It's number 198 and its called Azure! This is a very unusual name, don't you think?! So I searched it's definition, and it's something that's dark blue, sometimes purple! 

Here is a picture of the polish on my nails, so you can decide if it's purple colour! 

Without top coat
  



This polish is definitely not purple! It's a medium shade of blue, not light or really dark!
I put two costs on my nails, even though a quite thick coat would have been okay. The first coat I had to make sure wasn't on too thick, so the second coat wouldn't take too long to dry. I did find that this was quite difficult, as the polish has quite a thick consistency anyway, which might just be what the polish brand is like! The second cost was a bit streaky though so I thought a clear top coat might sort it out! 


With top coat
 
You can't really see it here, but I don't really think that the top coat did anything to the streakiness of the polish and because it was already shimmery and shiny, the top coat didn't add to this either.

I like the colour of this polish though, because its very shimmery and its a lovely shade! I do think its a bit to dark for spring/summer because in spring and summer you want to be wearing light pastel shades, but its still nice! 

To liven this polish up, I added some nail art decorations! I finally opened this pack that I got for the Christmas that has just gone, and their from New Look and cost around £2!

Inside: a small nail file, a cuticle stick, nail glue, and five tiny bottles of nail decorations

 The white decorations (which you cant really see because of the packaging - sorry!) are flower shaped, with the outline and middle flower shape, the yellow are star shaped, with the outline and middle star shape, the green are the flower shape again, the pink are medium/large love hearts (a good one to use on valentines day!), the blue ones are stars shaped and then he purple ones, which are hiding behind the packaging are flower shaped too!

Because I was going for a blue theme, I chose the blue nail decorations!
 

I did this by applying these decorations on my fingers when the top coat that I applied was still wet. I used the cuticle stick to help me, and luckily, I didn't need to move them around on my nail at all, which would have messed up the nail polish especially because I had just put on a top coat! I put 5 on my ring finger and 7 on my thumb. I then put another top coat over the decorations, once the first one had dried, so they stayed on!






They look really raised in the last picture! So I pushed them down slightly and this seemed to be okay! 

Have you tried any funky designs with nail decorations? Do you like this one? Feel free to comment below!

Andie x

No comments:

Post a Comment