Thursday 6 June 2013

Maybelline Colour Show Polka Dot Limited Edition Polishes!

To start off with, sorry for not posting for over a week now! I've being getting loads of posts ready for you guys!

So I recently went into Superdrug, while shopping last week, just to see if anything new had come out, as you do, and I stumbled across these amazing Gelly Glitter polishes from the Maybelline Color Show Polka Dot range! I had to instantly buy one because they were LIMITED EDITION and they were just gorgeous! I also think that these are the only Gelly/Glitter polishes that Maybelline have done, so I wasn't sure what they would be like!

This is the one I chose., which is appropriately named "Rain Forest Canopy" which as you can see, is a green Gelly, with large, medium and small white and black, hexagonal pieces suspended in it! The other three polishes that are in this range are a blue, pink and black Gelly, with the same glitter pieces that this green one.


Check out what this looks like on my nails, after the jump!
Because this is polish has glitter in it, I wanted to put a layer of PVA Glue on first, so I could remove the glitter easy. So I did this first, using a paintbrush and the PVA Glue that I've had for ages in one of my cupboards! It dries clear so it's like a normal clear base coat.

(I thought I would take advantage of the lovely sun, so all these photo's are taken in my back garden!)


I then put two coats of this lovely polish on to my nails, waiting for one to dry before adding the other. I must say, I was very impressed with the drying time - it was very fast, compared to some of my other polishes I have! One downside I found, was that I had to fish for glittery bits sometimes, just so my nails looked even with the different sizes of glitter.


Over all I really like this polish as it was easy to apply, easy to remove, but this was probably due to the PVA base coat, and it looked so good! Fish for glitter the odd times wasn't too bad either! Some of the white glitter bits, got a light green colour due to the second coat, so it was like there was an extra glitter colour in the polish!


I want to try this polish next with a coloured base coat, like black? but maybe that should wait till Halloween!

Have you tried any of these NEW polishes that are available in any Superdrug Store? What do you think?

Andie x

4 comments:

  1. That like yours had really good coverage across your nails, as I also purchased this nail polish and it didn't come out all that well being very very clear/see through. I must of had a dud, did you try yours with another colour? did it come out well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the only one I tried! I did put two thick coats on though, so maybe that had something to do with the fact they weren't see through?! Maybe a solid dark black, green or blue coat underneath would make this polish less see through for you? Let me know! Andie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that's what I did in the end was use another colour to go underneath it, I was asking to see if you'd found any good complementing colours. :) The colour I used was the same turquoise/blue colour as the solution which worked pretty well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dn't try another colour underneath, but I think I will have to. I'm glad using a base colour worked well for you! Andie x

    ReplyDelete