Sunday 21 April 2013

The Toothbrush Method

Hiya, hope you are enjoying your weekend! This is just a fun design that will hopefully brighten up your week, if you try it yourself, seeing as it's Monday tomorrow (boo!)

This method of nail art isn't my creation (even though I wish it was!) I got it off The Nailasaurus, who has a fantastic blog, that you can visit by clicking here. If you know of her already, pat on the back for you!

If you haven't see this design already, or don't know where to find  it, click on Tutorials along the top of her page and you will see the toothbrush method that she came up with. I really wanted to try it so here it is:

With a clear top coat


All of the colours I used were from Barry M! I brought all of these at once too, last weekend when Superdrug had an offer on all Barry M products, 3 for 2! I used : Peach Melba, Greenberry and Bright Pink for the coloured splodges and Berry Ice Cream as the base colour.

I always knew that if I did this design, I wanted to use different colours than The Nailasaurus, just so I wasn't copying her for all of the design!

If you want to try this, I would advise looking at her tutorial, as its very well explained and easy!

All with a clear top coat

Closer picture of the first one


When I started off this nail art, I didn't think it looked good and I was tempted to just get it off and try something else. But I waited and added the other two colours to the base colour, and I think it didn't turn out too bad, considering this was my first try!

If you try this and feel like this too, don't give up! Add a few more colours because this design looks better with lots of colour. However, I don't think more than 3 splodge colours, as it could get a bit crowded on your nails, and you could end up not being able to see your base colour at all!

I felt that a top coat wasn't needed, unlike some nail art that becomes raised on your nails, but I added one anyway so they were shiny!

It must seem like we say this a lot, but I will definitely try this again, and the colour combinations are endless!

Do you like this? Have you tried it?

Andie x





No comments:

Post a Comment