Saturday 9 March 2013

Swatch - Barry M Gelly; Prickly Pear


Hi guys! Today I have a swatch of one of Barry M's Gelly nail polishes called Prickly Pear.


Prickly Pear is a light purple that is opaque in two coats (I used three for the pictures as I didn't leave the second coat to dry for long enough and smudged them). The polish has a great formula that applies with no streaks or patches.



I love this polish and can't wait to try others from the Gelly range - I like the look of Greenberry so you might be seeing that in a few weeks! :)

I was a bit confused about the name of this polish as, like a few people I know pointed out, pears aren't purple. They thought I was being silly when I said that prickly pears might be so I googled it and found this picture:


Not as pale as the polish but definitely purple! Prickly pears are the edible fruit that grow on a species of cactus that originated in North America.

Have you tried Prickly Pear or any of the other Gelly polishes? What do you think?

Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment