Sunday 3 March 2013

Swatch - Collection 2000 Hot Looks; Bongo Beat!


Hey everyone! This swatch is going to be about the nail polish brand Collection 2000, and specifically the colour Bongo Beat! (What a great name huh?!)

Here is a picture of the bottle:



First of all, I wanted to do this swatch, because this brand its a bit chaper than Barry M, Max Factor etc. I wanted you all to know that there are cheaper, decent brands out in high street shops, and you don't always have to spend £7+ on a polish you might not like that much, just becasue its made by a well known company. I think that its so good to save a few pennies every now and again, especially when these chaper nail polishes work just as well!



The picture above makes this polish look more of a shiny blue, but really it's more of a shiny, greeny blue! One thing that I have only just discovered with this nail polish is that the colour in the bottle is exactly how it come out and dries on your nails. I think this is so good, as some nail polishes can be a different shade on your nails compared to how they are in the bottle!

I applied my first coat of the Bongo Beat polish, and the only critisim I had was that the polish was quite thick and it was difficult to apply an even coat. This was probably because I have had this nail polish for years, so I think I will have to try a newer colour and polish to see if the thickness of the polish is just what the brand is like!

I waited for that to dry, I left it a whole day but it would have been completely dry after a couple of hours, and I then put a second coat on top of the original. This coat was suprisingly a lot easier to apply an even coverage, than the first one, so it was a nice suprise!

I then waited for these to dry before applying a final coat of clear top coat :)

Two coats of Bongo Beat and clear top coat

I really like the way that these turned out as the colour is amazing and the light reflects of them really well!

What do you guys think? Will you be trying cheaper brands like Collection 2000? Do you want us to try other nail polish companies?

Let us know!

Speak to you soon!

Andie x

2 comments:

  1. Love this colour got it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is nice! I will have to get another one, because I'm running quite low! Dee x

      Delete