Tuesday 28 May 2013

Spots & Stripes

Hiya guys how are you all?

Did the first part of the title remind you of the Cadbury's bars when the did the Spots vs. Strips chocolate?! I've only just realised that!

Anyway, this post might seem a little strange but it's inspired by the fact that I LOVE duvet covers. I love all the different pattern that you can get along with colours that are on them too and I must have over 10 sets for my one double bed! So I thought that what a good way to get inspiration, when I was sleeping under such a pretty pattern!

Here is what it looks like and this is what fuelled this post!


I love the colours that this duvet has on it as they go really well, and the design is so simple but lovely at the same time!

Click below to see my final design!


(with a clear top coat)

I started by painting my thumb and ring fingers with NYC - Pinstripe White and my little, middle and index fingers with Collection 2000 Hot Look - Candy Floss. Each finger had to have two coats of each colour, so they were all opaque!

I left these to dry and then using my striping tape (first used in this design) I created diagonal lines along my white nails (my thumb and ring finger). I then painted each individual line that wasn't covered with the striping tape with a different colour, to match the lines in my inspirational duvet cover! In this case, I used Barry M - Bright Pink, Avon - Vintage Blue, Rimmel London - Green Grass and Candy Floss by Collection 2000 (in that order from l-r on my nail below).



I then went on to my other nails which I decided I would dot on my NYC Pinstripe White, to keep up with the theme of my duvet cover, that's pictured above!

(my little finger)



I am quite proud of this and I think its really nice! I think I will definitely be doing this again! Do you like this? Get in touch!

Catch you later,

Andie x

No comments:

Post a Comment