Thursday 2 May 2013

Nail Wrap Alternative

Hiya!

I came up with this design quite randomly actually! I was thinking about different designs to do like the feather design, seeing as I didn't have any in my house, and then I came up with this!



Can you guess what helped me to make this?





I used this stuff:


Do you recognise it?! It from Hobby Craft! I absolutely love this shop - its so amazing!

Anyway, it's thin patterned paper that you're suppose to put over cardboard animals, shapes and letters but I thought that it would be the perfect alternative to use instead of feathers! It also creates a really nice design on your nails, without you having to do a lot!

Here's the pattern up close!


So I painted my index and accent fingers first, with Berry Ice Cream, just so my whole fingers weren't covered in the complex pattern!

I waited for these to dry, (just in case!) then I gave my plain little and middle fingers and my thumb, quite a thick coat of clear base coat. I then put pieces of Decopatch, I had cut into little shapes earlier, on each finger (one at a time) moulding them around my finger nail.

(Sorry about the state of my nails! I did this when the weather was still cold!)

Once this was done, I left them to dry completely, before cutting off flappy bits, and added a clear top coat on all my fingers! You're then left with this amazing design on your nails, which didn't take too long to do at all! The Decopatch packs can be brought at near enough every Hobby Craft store but click here to look at all the designs and you can order some for their too!

(All photo's are with a clear top coat)

So all in all, there are so many patterns you can choose from and I think this is a good design to do at the weekends, if you don't have a lot of time to do your own designs! I will defiantly be trying this out again!  

Have a good rest of the day and week!

Andie x

No comments:

Post a Comment