Sunday 19 May 2013

Peachy News!

Hey guys! Happy Sunday!

We told you we wouldn't leave you for too long didn't we?! We just got to that stage where we needed to give our nails and ourselves a bit of a rest!

Anyway, today for you I have some newspaper nails! I know that the technique is a bit old now, but ever since our first try (which you can see by clicking here) we've been wanting to try different colours for the background, other than the traditional white version!

We think its such a nice and simple design to do on your nails as it looks interesting and effective, and it takes hardly anytime to do!

(with a clear top coat)
 


For this design I painted my nails with two coats of Barry M's Peach Melba. As you can tell from the pictures and the name, its a lovely, bright, pale orange. I wasn't quite too sure on this colour when I first brought it because I was worried it would be light for my skin and it would look like I don't have any finger nails!

(two coats of Peach Melba - without a clear topcoat)

Thankfully, I don't think it is too light! Or do you think differently?!

Moving on, to do the newspaper design, I followed the tutorial that we created for the first newspaper nails that we did, that you can view by clicking above or here.

So here is the final look - all pictures are with a clear top coat :-)

 (my little finger looks very faint and I've just literally noticed my index finger is a bit smudged! Sorry! This was probably due to the clear top coat I put on to protect the design!) 
 
 


I prefer this design, using a coloured background, more than the white one! It makes it a lot more interesting and just generally colourful! Have you tried the newspaper design with a white and/or different colours?! Which one do you prefer?!

Andie x

No comments:

Post a Comment