Thursday 14 February 2013

Spun Sugar Nail Art!


Hey guys :) so I saw the spun sugar technique for the first time the other day and I just had to try it! This is my first attempt:

Two coats of Barry M Black with Barry M Fuchisa strands
For those of you that haven't heard of this technique before it is when the second colour is draped over the nail in thin strands (though mine aren't that thin!). This is done by mixing some of the polish with a dotting tool or toothpick (I used a toothpick and this could be the reason my strands were too thick) until the nail varnish thickens and becomes stringy. Then using the toothpick you lift the varnish up and over the nail.


For a full tutorial on this technique please check out Kat Stays Polished's blog here


A close up of the best nail! Sorry about the shadow!

Im kind of dissapointed at how these turned out but I love this design so I will definatly be trying it again soon!

Have you tried the spun sugar technique? Let us know and send in your pictures, we'd love to see what you've done! :)

Li x




No comments:

Post a Comment