Monday 11 February 2013

First Swatch! - China Glaze; Oxidized Aqua Crackle


Hiya! As you have probably gathered, this is our first ever swatch and its about this crackle nail varnish which is called Oxidized Aqua. I got it from Sally's Beauty Supply.


First of all, I  painted my nails with one coat of Barry M's Black nail varnish. As you might know, some of Barry M's nail polishes are quite gloopy and thick to put on. This was the case with the Black so there were a few streaks after it was applied, these were hidden by the crackle though so it wasn't too much of a problem.



I then went ahead and put the crackle Oxidized Aqua on. The brush for this nail polish was quite small, so I couldn't apply it in one even stroke - I had to do three across one nail. This was quite a disadvantage, because while I was still applying this nail varnish, some of it was already drying and I had to overlap the original crackle in a few places.  

However I did think that the varnish had a good effect, especially because I had a black base coat. The colour stood out really well against the black as its a greeny/blue shimmer.

This is a picture of my finished nails with two top coats that I put on my nails after the crackle had dried.



This nail design has lasted around 5 days, before I had the first chip in it, which I thought was really good because I like my nail polish to last a while before I change them!

If you have any questions, leave a comment!

Bye for now - Dee x













No comments:

Post a Comment